Training to teach with NTTC
Teaching is one of the most exciting, rewarding and challenging careers you can choose.
Why train to teach with us?
Everything we do is about training outstanding teachers. We are dedicated to our trainees and their future in this dynamic and rewarding profession. Trainees are at the centre of our teaching programme. We are known for our flexibility and aim to deliver high quality bespoke programmes leading to outstanding success.
We have strong links with over 55 partner schools, Academies and Colleges, and we aim to provide high quality teachers for our Norfolk and Suffolk schools to positively change the lives of their pupils.
We are aware of specific issues in relation to Norfolk and Suffolk schools such as, mixed age teaching, Forces children, SEND needs and the quality of diversity in the County. We train our teachers to challenge racism and teach true diversity.
Uniquely, we provide the Post Graduate Teacher Apprenticeship (PGTA) route into teaching. This has met the needs of our Primary schools as we have doubled the PGTA numbers in one year.
Our core values
- An unwavering belief in all trainee's potential
- A passion for excellence
- Personal responsibility/commitment/integrity
- Trust and Respect for others
- All stakeholders are critical to the process
Supporting you to succeed
We offer our trainees a high level of support for any professional, academic and personal needs. This includes:
- Our pre-Induction days across the summer which will prepare you for the start of your training in September.
- Experienced NTTC Curriculum Leaders who will ensure you have access to a high-quality curriculum and professional development programme. They will have regular contact with you and will visit you in school each half term.
- High quality Mentors at each placement school to support you during your school-based training.
- Full access to City College Norwich's learning support services.
- Access to the charity ‘Education Support Partnership’ who offer a specialist team of counsellors and advisors who can support you with personal and professional issues 24/7
- A network of trainees/teachers who can support you during your training year.
- ‘Go To’ specialists and online seminars to support you with your Subject Knowledge Development.
Working with our partnership schools you will gain the knowledge, skills and professional behaviours to ensure you become a confident member of the teaching profession and have a positive impact on the life chances of the children you teach.